Friday, February 26, 2010

Can i vote at the the polling place for my old address if i haven't re-registered at my new house?

last time i voted i lived in a different house so im wondering if i can just go to the polling place for that address. its been about 3.5 years since ive lived there.Can i vote at the the polling place for my old address if i haven't re-registered at my new house?
You absolutely cannot in most states. In 3.5 years, you could have lived in other states or counties. I'd get a reading on this or go to my old polling place and ask before trying it.Can i vote at the the polling place for my old address if i haven't re-registered at my new house?
Yes, you can.





You may not show up on the rolls as a registered voter at the polling place, though. If that is the case, you will vote on what is called a provisional ballot. This is because of something called the Right to Vote Act and has been law since at least 2004, possibly earlier than that.





You should contact you county clerk or voter registrar to find out about the voter registration specifics for your county.





Hope it helps.
Your state may vary.


Ordinarily, if you haven't updated your registration and are still in the same county, you CAN go to your old polling place.


By law, YOU must tell them you moved and give your new data. They will provide a form for you to fill-out. It's a combination ';change of address form'; and declaration that you know you don't really belong there anymore but you're voting there ONE LAST time.
Guess it depends on who you are voting for lol.


I moved from NY to Tx.....DL is my parents address (home base).....been 5 years since I camped out there waiting for closing...not going to pay to change it b4 it expires. Registered at home I own.......still vote. Give correct address to match voter ID.
No. If someone saw you who knew you had moved they could challenge the election results in your precinct. Everyone in that neighborhood would be at risk of having their vote thrown out because you failed to register properly.
probably illegal and it is possible that the GOP will have used voter caging techniques and will be ready to challenge your vote. Best thing to do is call your county clerk or whatever.
For what I understand is the county that you register in the past is where you have to vote even if you have to vote I guess . That is what I know how works.











Make sure before you go ahead and vote.
You have to vote at your assigned precinct. If your sample ballot/voter registration card was sent to your old address, you need to get it because it'll tell you which precinct to vote at.
Sure. You still have time to send in for an absentee ballot. Once you get it, go to your old address, fill it out, and then mail it back.
You are supposed to be registered at your current address to be valid. Of course I wouldn't advise you to try to vote anyways, but if you do, no one would probably care.
You can vote a provisional ballot. My mom had to do that bc her id didn't match her current registration.
if your democrat you can vote twice.





if you are republican- sorry. Can't.
IDK





I think mine changed automatically when I notified the post office of my new address.
yes you can
I was just wondering that same thing too last year, same day.
Only if you are voting for McCain hahaha
i think that's considered voter fraud
No, sorry.
No.
No.





Why didn't you think of this 3.5 years ago, or 6 months ago, or 3 months ago?


















go here voteforchange.com and verify where you can vote with your old address

No comments:

Post a Comment