Sunday, February 28, 2010

I have a brand new house and I need help...?

When the guy came in to do my ceilings, he mad a terrible mess and got the stuff all over my new windows and French Doors, how can I get the stuff off? I have tried everything? Whats the best way to make them sparkle again?I have a brand new house and I need help...?
If he hung plastic and took every precaution to keep the area he worked in clean he should not have made a mess. If he didn't I would hold off on his payment, keeping an area clean is all part of the job. Take him to ';small claims court'; or ';mechanics court'; whatever it's called in your area.


They can't make him come back so get at least three estimates for cleaning from a cleaning company, you can do it yourself though.


Using warm soapy water, not any kind of cleaning substance that will cause a fire or smell, and soap like ';Dawn'; dish soap, wet the area and gently wipe it off. If it's an acoustic like I think it is, it should come off with warm water. On the windows I would scrape it with a razor but the wood finish I would just wash it. You might have to repaint the wood, add this to any lawsuit.I have a brand new house and I need help...?
Every time I have something that's hard to get removed, I use pure acetone. The kind you can buy for removing nail polish.
If he is a ligit business, tell him to come and clean up his own mess. Contact the BBB, file a small claim suit, even the State Capitol in your state has a License For Contractors dept which will revolk his right to do business if you get a judgement against him. I work hard and take care of my things. I get sick of cleaning up other peoples messes.
You have not tried everything: Call him back and make him answer for this by cleaning it up. That is a disgraceful way to leave a customer's house.
The mud in the acustic is water soluble. Try washing with a damp rag. If it doesn't come off give it a coulpe of minutes for the moisture to work on it and try again. If that fails scrap.
USA I don't know what ';stuff'; the guy got all over the windows, so I don't know how to clean it. But, go back to the guy who made the mess, and have him clean it. Or, at least find out exactly what he used, and how it can be cleaned. If he gives you a rough time, report to the Better Business Bureau.
the best way is to turn a claim in to the house builder make their insurance fix
have you tried using a razor blade to gently scrape off the messoff the windows .? The french doors may ne- to be sanded and painted
What stuff? It would help to know what he was using, but it doesn't sound like your problem, call his company and tell them to come out and clean it up, it's standard practice to cover an area before spraying anything , plus mask off all windows. Good Luck
There's a product called ';goof off'; that should help.....

No comments:

Post a Comment