Sunday, February 28, 2010

We just got done building our new house, and my last room was boring and now I want a more moder/cooler type.?

I am 14 years old and I guess you could say i'm preppy/emo/sporty and I don't know how to do my new room. What color should my walls be, and my bedspread. Please help!! I want something that matches who I am, and I don't want it to look childish or oldish.We just got done building our new house, and my last room was boring and now I want a more moder/cooler type.?
you could pick three or four of your favorite colors, and blend them(like paint one wall one color, the other wall the next color, and so on and so forth). choose a bedspread from those three colors, and decorate your room from there. sorry if this was no help, i hope you find something soon.We just got done building our new house, and my last room was boring and now I want a more moder/cooler type.?
Type ';decorating rooms for teens'; in the search engine box and you'll get several links. You might get some ideas from those websites. What is your favorite color? Go to a paint store and look at paint samples and see what appeals to you. I got a denim look comforter for my teen daughter a few years ago. It has pockets on each side and doesn't look too young or too old. I got it at Penney's. My other daughter liked leopard print and I got her a reversible comforter. It has leopard print on one side and the other side is black with tan. It's hard to describe. Just try to do some research. Look at decorating websites and then go to some store websites and look at comforters and things like that. Have fun with it.
Here is an easy rule for decorating (used bye professionals): First, decide on one item that will be in your room that you really like a lot, like the bedspread or a poster. Then, take the colors in that item for the walls, curtains, etc. You'll love your nuew room!

No comments:

Post a Comment