Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We are moving to a new house and my daughter wants the little mermaid theme?

she wants her bedroom decorated with flounder and ariel and such from the movie. I looked around the internet and it is a little hard to find enough Ariel things! anybody have some ideas how i could do ariel and stretch it thru out the room with out a million ariels all over the place? We are moving to a new house and my daughter wants the little mermaid theme?
You could do a general under the sea theme. Paint the walls ocean blue, maybe paint some bubbles on the wall. You can go to places like home depot, etc and find some really great murals to put on one of the walls to take up some space. We are moving to a new house and my daughter wants the little mermaid theme?
My daughter had The Little Mermaid in her room recently, until she decided she liked Tinkerbell better and got a bigger bed.





I had an easy time finding Ariel/Little Mermaid stuff. They even have a table and chairs set at Dollar General.





For her curtains I used cheap fleece blankets that we found at the dollar store...they are blue. I got crystal looking beads in blue and green and purple and sewed them on all over the blanket. Then, I got a really pretty irridescent blue ribbon trim for the bottom and then hung the ';curtains'; with clip rings. It turned out really nice.





If she's a toddler:http://www.netkidswear.com/mermaidsets.h鈥?/a>


If she has a twin/full bed: http://www.kidsbeddingandbathstore.com/p鈥?/a>


http://bedding.awestores.com/ttc/little-鈥?/a>





They probably sell posters of The Little Mermaid at Wal-Mart or Target.


You could do stencils of seashells or bubbles in coordinating colors that match her bedding on the walls.





I've even seen plush pillows shaped like Flounder online.





Here;s some more links:


http://www.kidsbargains.com/category/sho鈥?/a>


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>


http://www.allaboardtoys.com/disney-prin鈥?/a>
I would try Disney and their website, JCPenny and see what they have, they usually have a lot of bedding and a lot of the kids bedding too.





You could also type in Little Mermaid bedroom accessories into a search engine, I'm sure you'll get a lot of options that you may not have seen yet. I would try different seaches, like Little Mermaid, Ariel, etc, and then put in room decorations, bedding etc.





When I'm looking for something hard to find online, I do searches and mix up the wording and chances are, by doing that, I can find what I'm looking for. It may take a few tries, but I can find it. I would definitely try Disney and disney.com first though and then JC Penny and see what they have.





Good luck!
My daughter received a Little Mermaid lamp for Christmas, because that is her favorite princess. Her aunt got it at Home Depot.






try going to a painting store and ask for stencils they should have some my little cousin wanted dora and blues clues there easy and pretty cheap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment