Sunday, February 28, 2010

I want to build a new house, how much money do I need to save to do so? I have no block of land either!?

How much money would you suggest I save before I buy a block of land and build a new house? I live in Bendigo Victoria. I am new to this and could really do with some advice... I just want to build a single story home, with 3 bedrooms, an alfresco area and a theatre room being essentials. Can someone please help me??I want to build a new house, how much money do I need to save to do so? I have no block of land either!?
The price depends on the size of the house (square footage) how far removed from a ';typical'; house you want to build, and the location you plan to build.


The biggest difference in cost will be the location. You will need to buy vacant property in order to build on it (or a lot with a house that can or needs to be bulldozed). Then, if there are no utilities, they will need to be brought in. This is normally the most expensive part. It can cost $100 per foot or more to bring in just electrical if there is no electricity coming to you property.


It can also cost quite a bit to rezone your property if it is not zoned for residential construction.


Actually building the house is the easy part. The price to build is pretty standard in each area. You just need to talk to construction companies and recieve bids based on your plans, and the square footage. Most companies will give you a general cost per square foot without even looking at your plans. Most will also have general plans of their own that they use.

No comments:

Post a Comment